The Business and Professional Women’s Club is an International Federated Club. The Marceline Business and Professional Women’s Club was organized June 9, 1927, with forty-five members, by Dr. Vera Young, assisted by Kathryn Wallar Sailor of Chillicothe.
The club was always interested in the good of the city and the community.
Special projects and work of the club were to help with the Tri-County fair, at which it sponsored a flower show. The club met with the State Highway Department and discussed with them plans to beautify the Junction of Highway 5 and 36. A survey of people interested in factory work was made in an effort toward securing a factory for Marceline. Club members met with the City Council to promote the project of a recreation area at the City Reservoir. This was done, and the Club gave two tables and ovens to this recreation area.
The Club surrendered its Charter in 1938.