The last building on the block is the original McLaughlin Funeral Home. The brick faced building to the right is the original Miners’ Hall. Mclaughlin purchased the Miners’ Hall and converted it to a funeral chapel. Mr. McLaughlin also sold furniture and appliances, which were held in the upper floors.
The funeral business and buildings were purchased by Louis Scudiero, who operated it for several years as ‘McLaughlin Scudiero’. He later leased it to Jon and Melinda Renshaw, who operated it and another Scudiero facility in Bucklin.
The buildings were later purchased by Garry Belt, who converted them to a restaurant and bar, which operated until 2021.
Other photo references:
- 1963 image, page 156 of the ‘1888-1963 Diamond Jubilee Celebration book’.