The Seventh-day Adventist church as a congregation was organized in 1913, with Elder French of Hamilton as pastor. For two years the congregation met in the homes of the members. In 1915, they purchased the present church building on West Crocker Street from the Holiness Denomination.
While the congregation of the Marceline church is rather … > More >
Services of the church were first held in the old John Neff building in 1951. Later, services were held in a building behind Walsworth’s building until the church purchased the property at the present location. Since the purchase of this property at 201 E. Gracia, Sunday School rooms have been added and a membership roll … > More >
In the spring of 1888, Rt. Rev. John J. Hogan of Kansas City requested Rev. Walter Tormey of Brookfield, to select lots in the new town of Marceline upon which to build a Catholic Church. Fr. Tormey secured the lots.
Rev. Thos. J. Burke came to Marceline in August, 1888 to assume duties as pastor. … > More >
The town of Marceline was about 4 months old when a handful of Baptists held a meeting and effected the organization of the First Baptist Church. The first meeting was held in a rented hall on Sunday, May 19, 1888. The Rev. J. M. P. Martin of Linneus preached and at the conclusion of the … > More >
The Marceline Church of Christ was organized in the home of Mr. and Mrs. Calvin Clark, March 20, 1960, through the leadership of Albert Hamilton, Jr. The Ozark Bible College of Joplin, Missouri, sent one of its students, Gerald Peterson, to help in the organizing and as minister in the ensuing months. Six families attended … > More >
Man is by nature a worshipful creature however crude the form of worship might be. He is endowed with attributes which cry out the worthiness of God, hence, man provides a shrine at which to worship.
On January 5, 1901, the following baptized believers, Jeff Oliver, Mamie Oliver, J. R. Herndon, W. L. Herndon, and … > More >
The Methodist Church in Marceline celebrates the 75th anniversary of its founding in 1963, the same year that the city of Marceline observes its 75th anniversary. The Church has chosen as its motto for this celebration, “Forward with Faith.” It was in the spirit of faith that the early Methodist circuit-riders went forth to preach … > More >
September, 1888 the Cumberland Presbyterian Church was organized. The first pastor was Rev. S. A. McPherson until 1898. The church was located on the corner of Santa Fe and Missouri Avenues.
Sometime in the early 1890’s several families came to Marceline that were members of the Old School Presbyterian and they organized their church. Services … > More >
The Bethany Baptist Church was begun as a mission known as Faith Mission in January, 1955. The first meeting of the Mission was held at the I.O.O.F. Hall in Marceline with Sunday School and Training Union for all age groups and morning and evening worship services conducted by James L. Farris.
In February of that … > More >