Myers Clothing Company

The Myers Clothing Company which was established in 1896 came into being through the business insight and integrity of Sam Myers. He came to Marceline from his native France and in 1906 was joined by his brother Carl and family from Alsace Lorraine and the firm of Myers Brothers, was established.

Upon the death of Sam Myers in 1916 and of Carl Myers in 1932 the firm became known as the Myers Clothing Company and is presently owned and operated by Edgar Myers and Mario Myers Fletcher.

Edgar and Mary, as they are familiarly known, have been consistent boosters of Marceline. Edgar served as president of the Marceline Development Association during its beginning
He has been a member of the Masonic bodies since 1921.

He was a charter member and past president of the Marceline Rotary Club and served as councilman during the first year of the city manager form of government. He is a lay member newly appointed advisory board of the St. Francis Hospital.

The Myers Store has been located on Kansas Avenue since its beginning. It formerly was located In the Cater building at southwest corner of Kansas and Howell Streets, which was destroyed by fire on January 26, 1957.

The firm has been in its present location In the renovated National Bank building at the southeast corner of Kansas Avenue and Howell Streets since that time.

Back to Top