The Marceline Church of Christ was organized in the home of Mr. and Mrs. Calvin Clark, March 20, 1960, through the leadership of Albert Hamilton, Jr. The Ozark Bible College of Joplin, Missouri, sent one of its students, Gerald Peterson, to help in the organizing and as minister in the ensuing months. Six families attended … > More >
Man is by nature a worshipful creature however crude the form of worship might be. He is endowed with attributes which cry out the worthiness of God, hence, man provides a shrine at which to worship.
On January 5, 1901, the following baptized believers, Jeff Oliver, Mamie Oliver, J. R. Herndon, W. L. Herndon, and … > More >
The Methodist Church in Marceline celebrates the 75th anniversary of its founding in 1963, the same year that the city of Marceline observes its 75th anniversary. The Church has chosen as its motto for this celebration, “Forward with Faith.” It was in the spirit of faith that the early Methodist circuit-riders went forth to preach … > More >
September, 1888 the Cumberland Presbyterian Church was organized. The first pastor was Rev. S. A. McPherson until 1898. The church was located on the corner of Santa Fe and Missouri Avenues.
Sometime in the early 1890’s several families came to Marceline that were members of the Old School Presbyterian and they organized their church. Services … > More >
The Bethany Baptist Church was begun as a mission known as Faith Mission in January, 1955. The first meeting of the Mission was held at the I.O.O.F. Hall in Marceline with Sunday School and Training Union for all age groups and morning and evening worship services conducted by James L. Farris.
In February of that … > More >
In the oldest record book of the First Christian Church, we find these words: “At a meeting of the members of the Christian Church residing in the city of Marceline, Missouri, held at a vacant house on Santa Fe Avenue on the 3rd Lord’s day in May 1888 for the purpose (sic) of taking … > More >